Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Facility




The Facility

The pharmacy is littered with screaming clowns
Here I sit in my own filth rocking back and forth
Watching the fuzz from a flickering TV screen
All four walls white with nothing but a camera
Peering into my skull…they watch me
There’s a man in the hallway stampeding to and fro
Drooling and snarling out garbled words
That sounds like mutated hell spawn preaching
There are fat bulbous women prowling the halls
Pencils scratching down the daily routines
They’re dressed in white with needles for claws
Injecting comatose serenade symphonies
Into my hip…to keep me from shattering glass
And escaping this night of endless misery
I watch them stare vacantly with mouths gaping wide
Bloody bandages hiding cuts on his wiry arms
The smell of cheap coffee and the scent of aerosol
Mixing to drench my face in ferocious suspense
I crawl under the blanket and hide my crumbling face
Into the depths of hell I want to scream
This must be some twisted horror of a dream
The doors are all locked and the voices collide
Like waves they break upon the shore of my being
I look out the windows to a world sublime
Inside this facility of lithe hollow souls
Yammering into the substantial mix of surreal
This is the last stop before they drill a hole
Into the walls so you can see the festering halls
Never-ending these hallways stretch on forever
And I am here docile in this madness quavering
Hoping that the shattered pieces of reality
Are reconnected to form the semblance of cohesion
I lie here blockading those who would intrude and listen
Those stealers of thoughts and dreams
Those that hide in the dark
Beyond the eye’s reckoning

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment