Sunday, November 11, 2012

Saved




Saved 


(I was saved July 22nd 2009 at 7:30 pm)


Darkness clouded my eyes since the sixth grade
My head tilted down, gazing at the ground
Soon my eyes focused on my shoes
And I was blind to the world around me
Lost in isolation and despair
I got sick, and my innocence died

I woke up one morning shaking in fear
In a room with no razor blades and unbreakable windows
A room void of life, with ghosts of past suicides
Haunting me in my sleep, but...
I opened up a book that told a story of a man
Who sweated drops of blood, and spoke of trees
In the book I saw the light for the first time in my life
His words came upon me and I could finally see
Like a baby opening his eyes for the first time
the world around me was so new and...

...for the first time in my life I was finally free!
From depression, madness, guilt, and disease
I'm in him and he's in me, and his name is...

...Jesus   

:)

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment