Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shattered Images




Shattered Images

There's a muse that was once in my head
Who is now bound and gagged...sleeping off the fear
Tiny chemical particles did this to her...from the pills I swallow
Now I have writer's block, and this is the extent of my creativity
Beyond this is mere babbling nonsense
So without much further a dew…

...drop landed on my chin as I awoke from a dream filled with hands clapping
Laying in a field of grass under the dark skies...lightning crackled above me
I stood up and as I did, through a mirror I fell up into water
Frantic, I began swimming up, up, up towards silver shimmering light

Surfacing, I breathed in a noxious gas that came from the muffler of a taxi cab
Rising out of the street puddle, I looked around at the skyscrapers and people walking
Wiping the murky water from my face, I backed up and tripped over the curb and fell...

...onto clean white linen sheets in a dank, cigar smoke filled hotel room
The woman with dirty blonde hair and smeared lipstick looked up from my waist area
I close my eyes and I drift...drift off into that other world 

Where I am typing away
Sitting in my small apartment bedroom, dog at my feet, wondering...
....where this mind will take me.

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment