Friday, September 28, 2012

Forgotten Grandeur




Forgotten Grandeur

Waking up in the hazy morning I left a conversation
I was having with a dream being about my mental health
In the last fragments of the dream I recalled saying
Amazing prophetic words of how the world will change
But to my own disdain, in my mind they are now all too fleeting
I had manifested insights into solving the pains of my brethren
Ascribed to me from a heaven-sent angel in the other world
And now I sit in this dark cold room fingers to the bridge of my nose
Trying to recall the secret code that would unlock a cure
To this world's flailing miseries
The masses would have been enlightened and change would soon to come
If not for my memory of that receding moment
That frolics in my languid curiosity escaping its grasp
Perhaps the dream will return to me once more at some point in my day
But the distractions envelope my conscious in a deftly way
Until this moment where these words escape my being
The dream existed in some other dimension and here I sit struggling
To recall what could have been the greatest inspiration of all
For you to read in this poem written without much grace
Yet could these be the words that reach into your mind
And turns wild child eyes into deathly hollowed sockets
Or raise your hand in obedience to my will
In the end any outcome revealed
Would no doubt lead to both

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment