Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bonfire Memories




Bonfire Memories

One cannot be equipped for the passage of time
As surely as one cannot read another's mind
Yet I sit here counting certainties
Wondering if my life has become a festering sore
Still there are blessings accounted for aplenty
I've got a collection of broken toy memories
That seems to take up the bulk of my wandering mind
The images that I've seen...
Makes me wonder if I'm living with a curse
But with this curse comes an inward blessing
The arrangement of the photos on my wall can account for that
I've been pondering first kiss memories
And to this day I scoff at my tender trembling
There comes a time when every man can see the silver lining
That unseen mesh that binds mind to body
Sever the link and eternal oblivion awaits
And I'll be waiting here till my grey days
Waiting for my sore to heal
Waiting for a cure, waiting for the day
When a life mediocre becomes extraordinary
And on that day I will lift my voice and sing a new song
One that recounts bonfire memories and time shared
With the ones who carried the burden with me
And when I pass I will meet them in paradise
For this I know.

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment