Thursday, March 15, 2012

Morning Prayer




Morning Prayer


I am filled with joy

At the work we do when our hands come together
And raise the banners of human decency

I am filled with wonder

When I see the unkempt smiling brightly
In many layers to stave off the cold air

I am filled with sadness

When another one of my family degenerates
Into a babbling brook...mind swept away by a plague

I am filled with shame

When my mind slips away to join my kin's
I feel like I'm not alone when we share horror stories

I am filled with pride

When I can lift my head and speak with a clear voice
Declaring that I am not ashamed for who I am, despite your fears

I am filled with peace

When the God of Heaven and Earth looks down
And reaches out his hand to gently nudge me

I am filled with love

When I awake to find a new day and quietly pray
For all my friends and family

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment