Monday, March 5, 2012

Coffee Over Tea




Coffee Over Tea


There is tea foaming in the ocean,
as our sick go thirsty...

I've never walked in someone's elses shoes,
until mine were stolen from me.

There is a fire spreading across the desert,
as we grumble at rising pennies...

I've never beleived in miracles,
until I experienced the antithesis of one.

There are men screaming on the radio,
as we stab the backs of our heroes...

I've never seen true suffering,
until I walked through the halls of a hospital.
  
There are pills in the mouths of children,
as minds are lost in video screens...

I've never felt so unatural,
until unscrewing the cap off a bottle.

There are burnt light bulbs in the prison,
as propaganda becomes reality...

I've never felt so alone,
until the world turned its back on me.

There are men sleeping under building vents
as their minds drift into warmer dreams...

I've seen communities under the surface...
that prefer coffee over tea.

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment