Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Edge of My Mind





(One of these days, I'll actually finish this poem...)


The Edge of My Mind


I jumped off the cliff and landed in death's bony hands
He rocked and cradled me until I fell asleep
I woke up with no recollection of where I had been
But a shining light was blinding me
So I reached out and plucked an apple from a tree
Took a bite, and the light shined through me
I then lay down beside a babbling brook
And began vaporizing clouds with my thoughts
A tiny sprite landed on my nose and began gnawing at it
Alarmed, I smacked at it and busted my poor nose
Out came red blood gushing like a geyser
The blood began filling up and soon flooded the valley
I struggled to keep my head above the red tide
I began sinking down, down into the crimson depths
A hand grasped my hair and hauled me aboard a ship
Upon that ship I sailed for endless days and nights across an ocean of blood
The crew were all weathered and worn sea dogs
Their howls and barking kept me up at night
So I jumped overboard and swam ashore
To a land filled with strange people
Their arms and knees were bent backwards and they moved quickly
They tied me up and took me to their sanctuary
They tried to brainwash me with infomercials
About the letter "Y" and it's magnificence
I escaped and they chased after me...hurling rocks
I ran to the edge of the world and...
I jumped off the cliff and landed in death's bony hands...

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment