Monday, April 16, 2012

Pockets




Pockets


Where are the dollar bills to pay for my dead libido pills?
Where are the coins to pay for pink slime lunches?
Where are the Benjamins to pay for my father’s dentures?

They’re in the pockets of your doctors and psychologists

This is the acquisition of humans as forms of livestock
To surgically enhance our fledgling seeds as hybrid hoaxes
Re-marginalizing the destitute into genome prostitutes
Manufactured mutated solutions to equate our flesh to products

Where is the buck that stops when a wailing siren flashes?
Where is the bread to pay off the group homes’ slave masters?
Where is the bus fare to pay for my ride to Gulag prisons?

In the pockets of your judges and lawyers

This no-man’s land is the beginning of a nomadic plague
Across the country the states turn red, as blood runs down my chin
From a fist clenched with dollar bills hammering into my face
This nation has become a reformatory, and I a Haftling lie in waste

Where is the mullah to pay off all your telephone debt hyenas?
Where is the dime to pay for my Grandma’s cat food suppers?
Where is the cash to drop dead dinosaur dung into jumbo jets?

It’s in the pockets of your CEO's and investors

There in the swollen lymph nodes of oil tycoons and fortune Czars
Is greed pumping through the systems of human bee hives 
Pandemic in the grass roots is a faltering bow to the pilgrimage of lobbyists
To turn swine eyed profits into cat-o-nine whips to degrade the masses

Where are the dollar bills to fill in the ghetto’s potholes?
Where are the pennies to fill the negative space of the American waste?
When we trip over those who are forgotten in a world that focuses on gain

And fall through the holes in the pockets of your bankers

Tell me Oh God before I turn this steering wheel and take myself out of the equation
When did I first become a victim blinded by the rationale of Fox television
Who gave the orders to hunt down the honor bestowed upon a freedom fighter saint
And where did I lose my wallet that fell out of my pocket of disgrace?

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment