Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dream Girl




Dream Girl


We were so young and innocent
Our days held the hopeful future up to the light
The world was wide open in front of us
As we rode down those dusty streets on our bikes
Could have had anything, but we parted ways
It seemed like the older I got we moved farther away 
Your face seemed to fade into the recess of my mind
I’ve reached the end of this life
And I lost your hidden beauty inside
It was all in the past in the memories of your face
We re-traced the steps into the shadows
Of a long forgotten place
Soon I will meet you there at heaven’s pearly gates
With my arms wrapped around you 
In a welcoming embrace
We breathed like dreamers awake from a nightmare
Kissed on those shores of long forgotten seas
I fell into the deepest caverns of your soul
There in the dark deep serenity…we were free
To hold hands like lovers do
After the earth shook and the morning dew
Dripped down your strands of hair
That were like semolina woven into velvet
We rose from the bed where we once slept
Watched comets barreling through the night sky
I felt the impact of our loss as we wept
When we both realized that you and I
Were figments of each other's imagination 
Ghosts in twilight's hallowed veil
Dreamers not meant for the real world
In a dreamland black, distant, and surreal
That moment when we sat together 
In that holy place so strange
Where the calm air was filled with feathers
We were bound by something more than could be explained
By mere rational thought, 
And so I walked away
From that lake, wood-land fairies, and black sky
Back up from those dark depths I sped like a bullet
From the deep realm of my mind’s eye
To surface from a dream that was so real
Awake in the hazy morning air
My crusty eyelashes broken their seal
A quiet shy little child was I
Feeling as though I had been separated 
By a long lost friend
And I alive for the first time in my life
Realized my God-sent mission
To find the one who was deeply embedded
Within that world that hides behind my eyes
To this day your face haunts me
I hope for our reunion…that blissful familiar surprise
I will go on and search endlessly
For you…my dream girl. 
Until heaven and earth collide. 

Copyright Adam Gaile 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment