Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Confusion





Confusion


I'm so confused

Images racing shaping and taking form in front of me

My mind reels and dwindles then a thought bubble forms

Taking on anxiety as a monster takes on a morning nap

I feel like the monster is waking in my mind, ready to feed again

And this monster is called hospital, and it's teeth are nurses and doctors

I swim through the waters of bureaucracy, with God as my life jacket

And politicians and desk sitters are in a feeding frenzy

I take life in short gasps of air, never knowing what bubble will pop next

The images collide and form mantras repeating in my mind

The voices drift in and out like a radio losing it's signal

The music is breaking up and in between there are moments of static

Welcome to a schizo mind, please wipe your shoes on the carpet

I need no pity or shame-faced apologies...I have lived, and will do so

Until my maker calls me to his throne and injects the right medicine

That will make heaven full of order and clarity

Then there will be no more distractions

My brain will no longer be my enemy

There will be an alternative to drilling into it to find the holes

Pocketed like Swiss cheese chemicals melting it away

I fear change is coming, and what I have learned long ago is...
...change is an unpredictable beast

Best to stay inside, live slow, blink turtle eyes

Than to jump back into a hole...

But who knows this hole might lead to another world

A world filled with limitless possibilities...

It's indecision time, and here I am rambling again.

Don't mind me, there's always enough cake for everybody.



Copyright Adam Gaile 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment